We’re looking for an experienced digital designer to drive innovative user experiences and visual design for klaviyo.com. In this role, you’ll work with teams across the company—from engineering and marketing to copy and product design—to set the bar for what amazing digital experiences can look like. You’ll get projects on the roadmap, ship them, and deliver on performance metrics while contributing to the business and customer success. You’ll provide thoughtful direction within the team as well, often acting as a mentor and coach - known around the company for creativity, leadership, and innovation.How you will make a difference:
Website and blog design
- You’ll lead the creation of on-brand experiences for Klaviyo’s website and blog. Working across design and engineering, you’ll help to push boundaries, improve user interactions, and make the site beautiful to look at and use. In short, you’ll set the bar for Klaviyo’s digital experience.
Design standards and systems
- You’ll lead the development of the site’s style library and the maintenance of consistent, up-to-date website experiences. Often, you’ll work closely with our product designers to help ensure a great experience from end to end. You’ll also collaborate with front-end engineering teams to understand the technical implications of design options, so you can arrive at solutions that put the user first.
- You’ll help Klaviyo users grow and learn through interactive reports, case studies, guides, and training sessions that help ecommerce marketers understand and put data and techniques to use. You’ll explore how to deliver that information in ways that are uniquely engaging and set us apart from how everyone else is doing it.
Design culture and leadership
- You’ll contribute to Klaviyo’s design culture through coaching and mentoring teammates, as well as collaborating across the design team to drive large-scale design initiatives on our digital platforms. As the resident expert on our website’s user experience, you’ll play a critical role as an advocate for the digital team, and you’ll lead the charge to ship great work.
- At least 5 years of experience developing digital experiences with a high degree of ownership, either on an in-house team or at an agency.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a strong foundation in fundamental design principles
- Previous experience building and shipping work that has quantiﬁably improved a business.
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- A track record of getting work on the roadmap and seeing it through to launch
- The ability to balance thinking big and taking chances while still obsessing over details and edge cases
- Readiness to jump in on projects, get your hands dirty, and pinch-hit when needed
- Experience mentoring designers at all career levels, inspiring them to do great work through enablement and coaching.
- Familiarity with engineering processes and collaborating with front-end resources to participate in technical discussion and problem solving.
- A keen sense of how to prioritize projects and timelines
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 50,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.