As one of the fastest growing Software-as-a-Service platforms in North America, Toast is a Google Ventures backed company that is revolutionizing the $800B restaurant industry. Founded in 2012 and launched in 2013, Toast was recently recognized as the 3rd fastest growing software company on the Deloitte Fast 500 and named to the Forbes Cloud 100. By embracing our customer community, Toast has developed a restaurant management platform that is allowing restaurateurs to delight guests, do what they love and thrive.
Toast is seeking a talented visual designer to create beautiful and effective visuals that take our brand to the next level. In this role, you’ll be involved in every aspect of the visual design process across different types of media formats (website, video, print, etc.) from brainstorming concepts, to interacting with internal teams, to executing creative assets deployed across our restaurant community. The ideal candidate should have the ability to push the boundaries of what’s possible while upholding our high standards for quality, executing across a full range of skills in graphic design, illustration, animation, typography, and photography.
On a personal level, you are entrepreneurial with a mindset of building to scale. You are excited about engaging across the entire company, from C-level to Specialist, to provide a creative point of view that drives brand consistency.
What you'll do:
- Concept and design assets for marketing campaigns - including ebooks, infographics, landing pages, promotional assets, social media content and emails
- Support brand identity initiatives through production of corporate branding deliverables including presentation decks, sales collateral, product launches and more
- Collaborate with teams to ensure that designs clearly communicate our objectives and meet our goals for improving customer satisfaction and/or driving marketing leads down the funnel.
- Empower fellow designers and stakeholders by creating scalable resources and organizing design assets to help maintain our design standards and guidelines.
- Be a thought partner by staying ahead of industry standards and digital design trends.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 1-3 years experience in a related role or in agency
- Ability to think about high-level about creative strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build').
- Amazing attention to detail. You know when something needs to be one pixel to the left or a shade darker, and you follow through to make it right. You have a keen eye for typography, color, space.
- Portfolio that showcases strong graphic design, typography, and layout skills.
- Self-starter with capacity to handle high work volume and balance multiple projects at once
- Willingness to learn; receive, process and act on feedback
- Friendly, flexible, and energetic. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and shift gears from creative development to production.
- Analytical: work as a creative problem solver to contribute innovative ideas that build on data and results from previous projects.
- Degree in new media/digital design, graphic design, or art direction.
- Bonus: knowledgeable about HTML and CSS.