Industrial Designer at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Industrial Design team enables accessible and productive experiences for our users and communicates the values of the brand through beautiful, functional products. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of designers, engineers, and scientists to make a significant impact on a rapidly-emerging class of products. If you are passionate about delivering great user experiences and have the skills to contribute, we want you to join our team as an Industrial Designer.
Sharing a portfolio/website that reflects your work or projects is required.
- Design new products from idea to production
- Develop design concepts, with clear and compelling visual communication
- Prototype continuously, from quick mockups to refined cosmetic models
- Test designs with users, translate results back into the design process
- Help define and refine the hardware user experience, from unboxing to maintenance
- Create high quality CAD to communicate design intent
- Collaborate closely with Product, UI Design, Engineering, Manufacturing to develop well-balanced solutions
- Assist with cosmetic specification and validation
- Can share a portfolio of relevant design work
- Hold a university degree in Industrial Design (related design or engineering degrees considered)
- Have professional design experience
- Demonstrate capability in aesthetic decision making and an eye for detail
- Good presentation and storytelling skills
- Able to communicate quickly and effectively with hand sketches
- Highly capable in 3D CAD, Keyshot, and Adobe CC
- Comfortable prototyping using a variety of methods
- Experience solving problems with engineering and manufacturability constraints
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.