Industrial Designer at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Industrial Design team enables accessible and productive experiences for our users and communicates the values of the brand through beautiful, functional products. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of designers, engineers, and scientists to make a significant impact on a rapidly-emerging class of products. If you are passionate about delivering great user experiences and have the skills to contribute, we want you to join our team as an Industrial Designer.
- Contribute to product vision
- Develop concepts, with clear and compelling visual communication
- Prototype continuously, from quick mockups to refined cosmetic models
- Test designs with users, translate results back into the design process
- Create robust CAD in Solidworks to communicate design intent
- Collaborate with engineering and suppliers to create manufacturable solutions
- Report to the Industrial Design team manager
- Degree in Industrial Design
- Skill in 3D modeling, Solidworks preferred
- Skill in 2D and 3D design visualization tools, including Keyshot and Adobe CC
- Strong sketching skills
- Experience solving complex problems through design
- A developed sense of aesthetics and care for details
- Comfortable creating prototypes using a variety of methods
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing constraints
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.