Freelance Art Director at Rue Gilt Groupe (Greater Boston Area, MA)
We’re looking for Freelance Art Directors to conceptualize and oversee the creation of Fashion Boutiques on Rue La La. We’re looking for someone with a sophisticated aesthetic sense, experience conceiving and overseeing fashion photo shoots, along with the taste level and ability to bring world-class fashion and retail brands to life for our members. You’ll be joining a group that prides itself on the excellence of everything they do that respects and protects the integrity of the brands we feature, and has fun together doing it.
- Partner with photographers and stylists on set to provide art direction for fashion shoots including prop direction, hair and makeup direction
- Develop original and innovative concepts for Boutiques in a fast-paced environment
- Create concept sheets that provide a storyline and detailed executional notes for each boutique and distribute to entire team
- Work collaboratively with a team of art directors, copywriters, designers, photographers, stylists, imagers, merchandisers, and event producers on each Boutique
- Manage the implementation of concepts for Boutiques through design and final signoff, paying attention to every detail of how the Boutique is brought to life
- Complete Boutiques in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality Receive and address constructive feedback from the Senior Art Director throughout the process on each Boutique
- Stay on top of all trends in design and fashion, in order to keep the Rue La La team inspired and in-the-know
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness and innovation. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow and bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you and sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- 3+ years’ experience as an Art Director with fashion photography experience
- Strong conceptual abilities and the communication skills and experience to enable a team of photographers, stylists to bring that conceptual vision to life
- Sophisticated aesthetic sense and awareness of style and current trends
- Strong collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills on set
- Experience with fashion and luxury brands a plus!
We can’t wait to hear from you, so please submit your resume and portfolio for consideration. Submissions without portfolios will not be considered
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY and CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupe’s policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated and proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered