Experience Designer / Junior Graphic Designer
MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We pride ourselves on our collaborative nature and always put the team above the individual. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
We are constantly building new and exciting features for our AP and Payment automation suite of products. If you love designing great user interfaces and you want to make an impact, then you’d be a great fit on our team! The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, and will have an aptitude for team collaboration and good communication. Multi-tasking should be second nature.
- Visual thinker – you will design solutions to problems, rather than make things look “pretty”
- Skilled in creating graphics, iconography, visual design comps, print and web-based marketing materials
- A solid design background with an obsessive eye for visual and interaction details
- Comfortable developing graphics, iconography and layouts for digital & printed marketing collateral, including but not limited to datasheets, brochures, online ads, case studies, infographics, web page design and tradeshow booth design
- Knowledge of design systems is a plus!
- Self-motivated and able to efficiently run with a project without close supervision
- Excellent communication skills — you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions
- At least one year of graphic design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, interaction design, new media design or related design field required
- Experience with user interface design patterns and methodologies is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of design software tools, especially the Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Invision and Sketch
- Knowledge of mobile and responsive design a plus
- Please provide a portfolio to accompany resume
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.