Director of UX
Greater Boston Area
At Appcues, we're creating a platform to transform how the world builds and experiences software in the digital age. Companies like Spotify, Slack, and Zoom have shown us that product-led companies are the future, and Appcues will be the platform they (and companies following their lead) use to create user experiences that grow their business.
Because we're a UX product, design is one of the most important functions at Appcues. As the Director of UX, you'll directly influence the design of Appcues and indirectly impact the design of thousands of products that will use us. You won't do it alone. You'll be responsible for assembling, training and growing an exceptional design team, and you'll partner with leaders across the company—especially product management and engineering—to build a category-defining product.
- Hiring, managing and mentoring a team of talented product designers
- Collaborating with the CPO and VP of Engineering on our product strategy
- Improving our design processes to deliver great products more efficiently
- Leading by example—leaving your fingerprints on the design of the product
- Weaving UX best practices and trends into the things our customers can make with Appcues
- You are positive, creative and curious
- Collaborating with others is something you find enjoyable and exciting
- You are honest and direct, especially with constructive feedback
- You have experience building great design teams
At Appcues, our mission is to help teams build products their users love. With Appcues, you can create in-product experiences (user onboarding, feature announcements, etc.) without writing any code. We believe it's the non-technical people who oftentimes have the best information about a user's needs and desires. And we give them the tools to act
We’re a dynamic group of talented teammates who challenge, trust, and care about each other, the work we do, and the success story we’re all helping to write. We live by our values, our benefits are real, and sometimes we have donuts!
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse team is a stronger team.
Read Full Job Description