We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Grubhub User Experience Research team is a curated group of talented, fun loving people who are passionate about making great products. Their work directly influences product strategy and execution by partnering with multiple teams within the organization.
We're looking for an enthusiastic leader to take our research practice to the next level. This candidate will drive, working collaboratively with the broader team, the design and execution of generative and evaluative research studies in support of creating meaningful experiences for our customers and driving the business forward. They will be responsible for leading a team of researchers who design test plans, recruit users, facilitate research studies, analyze results, and present insights (the basic stuff). Additionally, this person will be expected to champion our users to the Design and Product organization. This might mean working with our partners to ensure we are asking the right questions, identifying overlooked research opportunities, as well as looking for education opportunities in regards to best practices, breaking down silos, etc.
The Impact You Will Make
- Lead and coach team of UX researchers focused on Diner, Restaurant and Driver applications in our Chicago & New York offices
- Partner with Consumer Insights Researchers, Product Design Managers, Product Managers, and Tech Leads to drive all stages of research from early product direction through summative validation in an agile work environment
- Lead prioritization about what we research, when to research it, and how that research is conducted; This might mean working with cross functional teams, multiple devices, brands and platforms, in order to find opportunities to further improve the user experience
- Influence a diverse set of stakeholders through excellent relationship building, and crisply providing insight and deep domain expertise in research practices and product development
- Put the needs of our varied set of users front and center and driving, through influence and well-constructed presentations of insights, the user experience strategy of our many products
- As the voice of the customer, effectively challenge and elevate the customer experience in a data driven environment
- Be an ambassador for the craft and practice of research at Grubhub, through all departments
- Design, recruit and moderate research studies regularly (both in-person and remote)
- Use a variety of research methods and tools to best reach the goals of each project in order to provide rich, actionable insights
- Communicate research findings and prioritized recommendations to internal stakeholders in a clear and compelling way
- Create a new competitive analysis function that obsesses over Grubhub vs. competitor feature gaps, new competitor feature releases, and new competitor experiments. Create a regular cadence and format to distribute insights and updates to the broader product organization.
What You Bring to the Table
- 7+ years of experience conducting digital consumer facing ux research on a variety of devices/platforms (desktop, smartphone, tablet) and managing teams of researchers
- Experience with numerous user research methods, including in-person and remote moderated one-on-one sessions, concept testing, online qualitative tools, survey design, card sorting, iterative prototype testing, contextual inquiry, A/B testing
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills and ability to multitask multiple projects at a time
- Comfortable working both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced, quick turnaround environment
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred in research, psychology, social science or a related field
- Proven ability to identify and execute creative and effective user research approaches
- Experience with a broad set of qualitative and user-centered research methods: contextual inquiry and ethnographic field studies, one-on-one interviews, focus groups, usability testing, concept testing, competitive assessment, diary studies, etc.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]