Director, Product Design at The Predictive Index
The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 7,500 companies—including Drift, the LA Clippers, Hugo Boss, Docusign, and Nissan—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
The Predictive Index is hiring a Director of Product Design to lead and grow a team of Product Designers and UX researchers, be the visionary for our entire product portfolio and deliver game-changing value to tens of thousands of clients every single day!
This role provides the opportunity to be a Product and Brand thought leader, deliver exceptional user experiences driven by customer data/insights and business goals, solve complex business problems through design thinking, lead and inspire a wildly talented team, and work directly with amazing clients. The job will be irresistible to someone who is passionate about designing and delivering high impact products to a large client base with millions of users in a B2C setting. The ideal candidate has a combination of the following skills: thirst for continuous learning, fearless in making decisions, is intellectually curious and intrigued by human behavior and organizational psychology, and is inspired by PI’s “better work, better world” mission. This individual would also be at the forefront of our creation of a new market category, Talent Optimization - the alignment of People strategy to Business strategy in the pursuit of optimal business results.
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcome. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
- Define and execute upon a vision for design and UX within our portfolio of products which is comprised of a SaaS platform, Digital based E-Learning, Workshops and Consultant Playbooks
- Own a seat at the senior triumvirate leadership table of Design + Product + Engineering to define roadmaps, strategy, innovation and achievement of business outcomes
- Own the omni-channel customer experience “stem to stern” starting from when they are a sales prospect, all the way to active customer renewal with a focus on ease of use and value creation to promote a steady increase in overall adoption and retention.
- Lead and motivate a team of talented product designers and researchers by providing mentorship, coaching, regular feedback and thoughtful career pathing.
- Facilitate growing a team from “Good to Great” that is both hyper-agile and always focused on the goal of creating value for the customer.
- Provide UX leadership using your experience with analytics, research, design methodologies and product launches to introduce best practices, scalable processes and design systems
- Be an enthusiastic advocate for the client’s total experience of our product across all touchpoints and ensure each and every moment is delightful and impactful.
Should you apply? If you’ve got all these skills, drop what you’re doing right now. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear about them!
- Love creating experiences at the cross-section of business requirements and user goals using data, research and analytics to discover latent needs, pain points, and identify new product opportunities
- Completed studies in the field of Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Design, Interaction Design, Media Design, User Experience or similar programs
- 5+ years of work experience in a relevant field in a software company
- Expert on methodology, survey design, and analysis/reporting, including appropriate use of advanced user research techniques
- Experience working on projects focused on Customer Experience (CX) and omni-channel product
- Experience building/supporting B2C product(s) desirable, with mobile product development a plus
We are open to having this member of the team occasionally work remotely from our brand new WeWork space located at 501 Boylston Street in Boston, MA.
Some of your future teammates:
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.