Director of Product Design & Research (REMOTE - United States) at Vendr
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:21 p.m. (EST) on Friday, November 5, 2021
Vendr is forever changing how companies buy and renew SaaS. With over $550+ million in SaaS purchases across 1,200+ suppliers, the Vendr SaaS buying platform enables the world’s fastest-growing companies to purchase SaaS, without friction and at a fair price. Headquartered in Boston with a second location in Charleston and over 130+ employees, we are building a team that can take us to the future state of frictionless buying. Some customers include HubSpot, The Washington Post, and DraftKings.
In March 2021 we announced that we raised $60 million at a $600 million valuation for our Series A, backed by Tiger Global (2021), Craft Ventures (David Sacks), Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher & Guy Oseary), Y Combinator, and others.
Since 2018, we have:
- Managed $550M+ in software spend
- Saved $99M+ for our customers
- Given our customers thousands of hours back to focus on the important parts of their job
And we’re just getting started. This is your chance to join as we enter hyper-growth and make a massive impact, forever changing the way people buy and sell B2B SaaS.
We're looking for an energetic design leader who's excited about leading a growing team, but also happy to roll up their sleeves and help with execution. You’ll be charged with forming our design culture and vision, mentor and grow the team, and ultimately be responsible for building a product experience that makes buying & selling SaaS simple, friendly, and transparent. Please note, our headquarters are located in Boston and Charleston but this role can be remote.
What you'll do:
- Lead overall design of products that improve the customer & supplier experience.
- Hire, mentor, and grow the careers of our designers & researchers, and build a strong team culture.
- Push the boundaries of your team’s UX/UI/visual execution and explore new ideas.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to define product strategy, vision, roadmaps, and resource allocation.
- Represent your team effectively, substantiate the work and the decisions behind them, and be an advocate for user-centered design.
- Shape and evolve the overall design culture, vision, principles, and process at Vendr.
- Partner with recruiting to help attract and hire top design talent.
What we need:
- Have 8+ years in product design and 2+ years of experience leading a team of designers.
- Solid track record of successful product launches in a 2-sided marketplace or SaaS software.
- Proven ability to build effective cross-functional partnerships across product, engineering, data, marketing, sales.
- Strong initiative, comfort with ambiguity, and ability to drive a solid and transparent design process, especially given a remote collaboration environment.
- Outstanding written communication and evangelization skills.
- Thrive in a fast-changing work environment.
- Ideally, you have experience working on marketplace (2-sided) products, have experience working in the SaaS ecosystem and / or have a strong service design background.
If you’re interested in joining our growing team, we'd love to chat. Please connect with us by applying to this posting and including your resume and portfolio.
Vendr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. While we are interested in qualified applicants who are permanently eligible to work for any employer in the United States, we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship for employment visas at this time.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description