Director of Product Design, Employee Cloud at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
As the Director of Product Design for Employee Cloud, you’ll be passionate about solving complex business problems across the employee journey, enabling restaurants to pay their employees accurately and manage human resource tasks while managing compliance risk. You’re naturally a systems-level thinker and love to collaborate across departments in finding opportunities to improve the customer experience. You’re right for this role if you’re all about lean UX and value delivery; if you are deeply passionate about nurturing product ecosystems; if you’re humble and understand that there’s always more to learn; and if you can’t wait to coach others along the way.
About this roll*:
- Lead and mentor a growing team of talented product designers, providing mentorship to broaden their skills and support their career growth, conducting performance reviews, critiquing design work, and recruiting top talent
- Be a strategic partner to product management and engineering leadership to collaboratively define the vision for Toast’s employee cloud
- Champion and drive high-quality user experiences across Toast’s ecosystem
- Elevate the organizational culture with a design thinking mindset for creative problem solving
- Proactively identify and contribute ideas as a catalyst for driving positive change
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 12+ years’ experience delivering high quality products repeatedly with 5+ years’ experience in building and coaching teams for high impact results
- Real passion for making high-quality, user-centered web and mobile products and a demonstrable portfolio to prove it
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design and mobile best practices
- Innovative thinking, empathy, and a desire to continuously learn and evolve
*Bread puns encouraged, not required