We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is seeking a talented visual designer to create beautiful and effective visuals that take our brand to the next level. In this role, you’ll be involved in every aspect of the visual design process across different types of media formats (website, video, print, etc.) from brainstorming concepts, to interacting with internal teams, to executing creative assets deployed across our restaurant community. The ideal candidate should have the ability to push the boundaries of what’s possible while upholding our high standards for quality, executing across a full range of skills in graphic design, illustration, animation, typography, and photography. This is an ideal position for someone with 3-5 years of experience and looking to accelerate their career
On a personal level, you are entrepreneurial with a mindset of building to scale. You are excited about engaging across the entire company, from C-level to Specialist, to provide a creative point of view that drives brand consistency.
What you will do:
- Concept and design assets for marketing campaigns - including ebooks, infographics, landing pages, promotional assets, social media content and emails
- Support brand identity initiatives through production of corporate branding deliverables including presentation decks, sales collateral, product launches and more
- Collaborate with teams to ensure that designs clearly communicate our objectives and meet our goals for improving customer satisfaction and/or driving marketing leads down the funnel.
- Empower fellow designers and stakeholders by creating scalable resources and organizing design assets to help maintain our design standards and guidelines.
- Be a thought partner by staying ahead of industry standards and digital design trends.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 3-5 years experience in a related role or in agency
- Ability to think about high-level about creative strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build').
- Amazing attention to detail. You know when something needs to be one pixel to the left or a shade darker, and you follow through to make it right. You have a keen eye for typography, color, space.
- Portfolio that showcases strong graphic design, typography, and layout skills.
- Self-starter with capacity to handle high work volume and balance multiple projects at once
- Analytical: work as a creative problem solver to contribute innovative ideas that build on data and results from previous projects.
- Degree in new media/digital design, graphic design, or art direction.
- Bonus: knowledgeable about HTML and CSS.