Design Lead at NeighborSchools
Design Something that Matters
Designing for trust is paramount for success at NeighborSchools. Finding child care online today is basically like couch-surfing on Craigslist in 2007. Your job is to make discovering, researching & scheduling a tour with a local child care provider as beautifully ordinary as booking an AirBnB.
As Design Lead you will:
1. Collaborate with founders, marketing, & engineers: to shape and build a trusted brand identity and exceptional user experience for parents and providers across our B2C web and mobile platforms.
2. Spend time with customers: deeply understand and empathize with the daunting, stress-inducing search for child care faced by new parents. You don't need to be a parent, but you absolutely must be able to think like one.
3. Ideate, create & ship it: whether marketing campaigns, platform features, or a rev on the homepage, you will lead the creative and execution and do so with a sense of urgency.
4. Design for growth: we embrace growth, and so do you.
We value team members who:
- share our passion for solving the child care crisis
- are humble, collaborative, and know that the best ideas can come from anywhere within or without the organization.
- know how to work within constraints, can prioritize their own time, know the difference between excellent and perfect, and know when to ship it.
- are technical enough to have good conversations with engineers, understand trade-offs, and know enough front-end to be dangerous.
- 2+ years experience building a brand / company we admire
- A portfolio of work that complements the NeighborSchools ethos
- A history of working hard and making an impact
- A track record of working hard, making an impact, and having fun along the way
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity
- Medical, dental & vision
- Mentorship & professional development opportunities
- Supportive leadership & phenomenal teammates
- Choice of laptop and workstation
- Flexible time off