Customer Experience (CX) Designer at Hometap
At Hometap, we believe you can have a house and a life. Our vision is to empower current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. By tapping into the built-in value of a home, we help homeowners do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, buy a second home, get out from under crippling debt, or pay for college tuition.
Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the home’s future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership.
We are looking for a designer to join our ranks! You have a keen eye for design and a strong sense of ownership. You’ll help us create, refine and excite internal and external stakeholders in our marketing materials across a wide range of channels. If you are looking to jumpstart your career and are driven by a mission to make homeownership more accessible and less stressful, this might be the role for you!
What you'll do
- Create visual assets for Hometap’s digital and print channels; web, social media, apps, banners, emails, posters, presentations, microsites etc.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure a consistent brand experience across multiple platforms and social media channels
- Help to maintain and grow our design system and brand’s asset library
- Seek opportunities to elevate our design processes including creating templates, Powerpoint templates, etc.
- Promote clean workflows, transparent planning, strong asset management, and clear communication
- Adept at Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Great visual design skills, and thorough understanding of formal design: composition, color theory, and typography
- Positive attitude and willingness to take on multiple projects at once
- Clear and effective communication and coordination with team members on projects and tasks
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers, clients, and users
- Great instincts and empathy towards all people
- Hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude and willingness to go above and beyond stated responsibilities
- Portfolio demonstrating capabilities in both digital and print mediums (can be student/spec work)
- 1+ years experience in digital or graphic design
- Experience with video creation and editing is a plus
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field in Information Design, Interaction Design, Human Factors preferred
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is the what you bring to our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If you’re someone who embraces this builder mentality, you’ll be right at home here.