Consumer Insights Senior Analyst at CarGurus
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The CarGurus Consumer Insights team works to understand car shoppers inside and out. UX research is part of the Consumer Insights team and a key contributor throughout the product development process, working closely with product managers, UX designers, engineers, and data analysts as we define vision for future products, build features, and optimize the user experience.
As the Consumer Insights Senior Analyst you will help us develop the CarGurus experience on a range of products. You’ll improve the UX research process and define best practices with the end goal of timely, actionable insights.
The ideal candidate demonstrates strong skills in a wide range of user and product research methods. They are equally comfortable living in both the big picture of a user’s journey and the details of a specific task or interaction. They are a strategic thinker with excellent storytelling skills, the ability to balance competing priorities, and talent for synthesizing large amounts of qualitative information into digestible, actionable insights.
What You'll Do:
- Help define the product research process and best practices
- Coordinate across Consumer Insights, UX Design, and Product teams to set research priorities
- Proactively identify opportunities to bring the voice of the customer into strategic and tactical product decisions; act as an ambassador for user research
- Identify appropriate research methods to achieve business and design goals
- Act as a doer and as a coach for junior researchers on the design and execution of qualitative and light quantitative user research studies
- Efficiently translate findings into easily digestible insights, at both tactical and strategic levels
- Maintain working knowledge of company and competitive products and their features/experience
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in consumer insights or market research, working with cross-functional product teams in a technology company
- Experience with of a range of research techniques: moderated and unmoderated user interviews, journey mapping, persona development, usability testing, card sorting, surveys, concept testing, etc.
- Ability to maintain methodological rigor while working quickly and being flexible
- Comfortable interviewing users in a variety of settings and around sensitive topics (like finances)
- Naturally curious about what drives consumer behavior
- Excellent communication, organization, and collaboration skills
- Four-year degree (BA/BS) with an excellent academic record
- Understanding of site behavior analytics a plus
- Experience with tools like Lookback, Validately, and User Interviews a plus
- International research experience a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.