Centralized Operations Co-op at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
Toast is looking for self-motivated individuals who are interested in applying their knowledge of Design Thinking, UI, UX, or process improvement. You’ll be tasked with helping identify areas where we can improve our employee’s and customer’s experiences while working within our business systems. Partnering with our Centralized Operations Team, Toast Operations Design coop will run time studies, or click tests on our employees. This is a great opportunity to get some hands-on experience with how a scaling operations team at a late-stage company build, design and iterate on their own process.
What you will do:
- Work with our operations leaders to design, test, and run a series of experiments to collect data on our process.
- Analyze the data you collect to highlight growth opportunities and areas of inefficiency.
- Partner with Process Engineering and Operations experts to suggest solutions to the gaps you identify.
- Package everything up into an executive summary and have the chance to deliver your findings to the management of Toast’s operations, and systems teams.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Currently enrolled in an academic program
- Experience with UI, and UX techniques, with particular emphasis on Time Studies, and Click Testing.
- Basic data analysis and visualization skills.
- Proficient with Google Sheets, Slides, and Docs, or Microsoft equivalent
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
- Confident with public speaking and running discussions
Our Tech Stack:
Toast runs on Salesforce.com, one of the most popular CRM systems in the world. Salesforce powers over 150,000 businesses worldwide and is the cornerstone of companies at many stages of growth. We leverage a wide range of 3rd party technologies within the system that augment functionality to meet the needs of specific teams within the business.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required