Associate UX Researcher at Toast
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing features, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you’ll tackle meaningful projects that will help shape the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive. Looking to join a fast-growing company on a talented team that’s enabling small businesses by changing the future of restaurant experiences? If so, that’s Toast.
We’re seeking an Associate UX Researcher to help us create experiences that feel simple and are intuitive to use. You’ll support senior researchers in conducting research that covers all aspects of users’ experiences - proactively using what you’re learning to solve feature-level problems. You’re right for this role if you are detail-oriented; collaborative and humble; have a can-do attitude; and you’re naturally curious.
As an Associate UX Researcher, you will:
- Collaborate with senior members of the UX Research team to conduct research throughout the product development process - from conception to release
- Help deliver user-centered, evidence-based recommendations for a variety of projects across our product suite
- Craft needed materials for research activities, such as moderator’s guides, surveys, and workshop templates; learn to create research plans that align methods and scope with needs and constraints
- Conduct research sessions, with guidance from senior researchers
- Analyze research data to surface and communicate key insights and findings
- Create compelling presentations to communicate findings
- Consistently evangelize design thinking practices, contributing to the evolution of Toast’s UI
- Attend and contribute to Research, Design and Product touchpoints related to your work
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 0 - 2 years’ experience conducting UX research
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in HCI, Human Factors, etc. preferred
- A long term interest in UX as a career path with the drive to learn more
- Experience in research tools (ex., Validately, Respondent, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with the tools we use at Toast (Google suite, Slack) is a plus
- Basic knowledge of UX research and best practices
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Empathetic with a desire to continuously learn and evolve