Bullhorn is the leading global software provider for the staffing and recruitment industry. More than 10,000 companies rely on Bullhorn’s cloud-based platform to power their staffing processes from start to finish. Through our incredible products and services, we create raving fan customers, resulting in company growth that consistently offers new opportunities for our talent to advance their careers. 25% of our global workforce gets promoted or moves into a new role every year, expanding their skills and working with new people. Bullhorn is large enough to provide these exciting opportunities but small enough to maintain the energy of a startup, and we’re consistently ranked as a great place to work for our strong culture and rewarding career opportunities.
Our commitment to our employees: Every Bullhorn employee has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path to success. Bullhorn offers unlimited planned vacation, great opportunities for career development, quarterly paid volunteer days through its philanthropic group Bullhorn Cares, and an open invitation to Bullhorn Allies groups, which celebrate and cultivate diversity and inclusion for all employees.
Our in-office employees enjoy a casual, collaborative environment with weekly catered-in lunch and breakfast, and quarterly social events. While working from the comfort of their own homes, our remote employees are provided a full equipment package with all the tools they need to perform their role. We use Zoom, Slack, and other tools to stay connected while we are remote.
Bullhorn is looking for a talented and passionate Associate UX Designer to join our Product Team.
Why this job is important:
The Bullhorn UX team is committed to solving customer problems and creating brilliant solutions. We champion our customer requirements and shape product roadmaps. This candidate must be the type of designer who likes to take initiative and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment while maintaining an impeccable design sense and attention to detail. You will be working on customer facing products, client facing products, and internal tools. Emphasis on user research, prototyping and testing is a must.
A typical day might include:
- Collaborating with fellow designers, product managers, engineers, data analysts, and client facing teams to design, launch, and iterate on high-impact products
- Producing wireframes, user interfaces, workflows, and Invision interactive prototypes
- Moderating user research and testing with fellow designers.
- Providing insights on usability of new and existing products for improving the user experience
- Working closely with business, product and tech teams to identify and clearly formulate customer needs. You’ll understand the customers deeply and be a “voice of the customer” in strategic and tactical discussions
- Addressing problem space discovery, including generative research, and prototype based validation. Visualize the problem space with concept models where necessary and facilitate team alignment in understanding the scope of the problem
This job may be a fit for you if:
- You have 1+ years of relevant work experience (including internships) specifically designing web-based and mobile applications (iOS & Android) in a fast-paced, agile environment
- You have the ability to create use flows, wireframes, use Sketch and create invision prototypes
- You have developed a solid understanding of user-centered design principles, have careful attention to detail, as well as the ability to grasp multiple product requirements
- You can apply your expertise in designing experiences, but validate your approach with quantitative and qualitative data and defend your decisions with well-structured arguments
- You're a strong communicator and thrive in a collaborative team environment
Bonus points for:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction or related field
- Agile/scrum experience and previous work in a cross functional environment
- Experience working at a B2B / B2C SaaS company
- Visual design skills and understanding of Design Libraries.
- You have taken a UX course such as General Assembly.
Bullhorn is committed to our core values and we are looking for people who exhibit these traits:
- Service - You go beneath the surface to solve problems.
- Energy - You build up your teammates and leave people positively charged.
- Ownership - You take action and own up to your mistakes.
- Speed & Agility - You go around obstacles and demonstrate urgency.
- Being Human - You consider other people's perspectives, laugh, and have fun.
Bullhorn is fully committed to equal opportunities. We aim to create a working environment free from discrimination. This means all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, race, religion, or belief, gender or sexual orientation.