Associate Product Designer
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing features, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you’ll tackle meaningful projects that will help shape the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Looking to join a fast-growing company on a talented team that’s enabling small businesses by changing the future of restaurant experiences? If so, that’s Toast.
We’re seeking an Associate Product Designer to help us create experiences that feel simple and are intuitive to use. You’ll support senior product designers to produce wireframes and prototypes that cover all aspects of user stories - proactively asking questions to ensure understanding. You’re right for this role if you are detail-oriented; collaborative and humble; have a can-do attitude; and you’re naturally curious.
As an Associate Product Designer, you will:
- Collaborate with senior members of the UX team to support the product development process - from conception to release – including supporting UX research to obtain feedback for iterations
- Help deliver intuitive and easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes for a variety of projects across our product suite
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Consistently apply Toast’s UI patterns across all designs, contributing to its evolution
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 0 - 2 years’ experience designing software or websites
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in HCI, Human Factors, etc. preferred
- A long term interest in UX as a career path with the drive to learn more
- Experience in modern design tools (ex., Sketch, Invision, Principle, etc.) is a huge plus
- Basic knowledge of user-centered design and best practices
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Empathetic with a desire to continuously learn and evolve