Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
What You'll Do:
- Define, develop, implement, and lead yield management in CarGurus Advertising & Digital Marketing, by optimizing pricing and advertising inventory via enhanced intelligence and controls
- Implement improved intelligence and controls for pricing and inventory management in CarGurus’ Display Advertising business
- Partner closely with stakeholders in Product, Sales, Operations, and Business Ops
- Recommend short and long-term inventory strategy to Senior Management
- Make pricing and discount recommendations based on sell-through, product / targeting mix, and performance
- Optimize pricing strategies working closely with the Programmatic and Ad Operations teams to generate improved yield for CarGurus properties, rate approval, ad stack optimization, delivery prioritization, and ad tech developments
- Oversee the weekly revenue reporting requirements as it relates to CarGurus Advertising & Digital Marketing
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, finance, statistics or related major
- 3-5 years of experience of work in an analytically-oriented Media sales and / or Ad Operations role
- Fluent in excel with a proven background of creative problem-solving techniques
- Interest in developing hands-on analytical skills - generating insights with BI tools (Tableau); extracting business insights from data using Excel, SQL, etc.
- Desire to effectively communicate and collaborate across departments
- Ability to learn and adapt in a dynamic, high-growth environment
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.