Temporary Research Associate, Research & Scientific Insights
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
The role of the RA Temporary Contractor is to support ongoing laboratory work aimed at characterizing microbial products and understanding their interactions with the innate plant and soil microbiomes, with the ultimate goal of developing new products with improved and consistent performance. The RA will employ the utmost rigor and repeatability in their practices, ensuring the highest quality experiment possible.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup with a mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. This role is expected to require 40 hours per week through the end of 2019.
- Assist in the execution of experiments by performing delicate laboratory procedures that require focus and attention to detail
- Collect the desired/planned high quality, well referenced and annotated data on laboratory experiments in a Laboratory Notebook
- Maintain a record of communications with other members of the organization, ensuring data and results sharing
- Demonstrate an ability to improve assays and protocols, through observation and scientific knowledge
COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- A bachelor's degreen in life sciences, preferably with knowledge of microbiology and experience in microscopy (more than a bachelors is overqualified)
- Basic laboratory experience, including sterile technique required
- Ability to translate a research plan into a well-executed experiment
- Proven track record of completing tasks and projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High energy, enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Speaks and writes clearly and articulately
- Alignment with Indigo’s mission and core values
- Charlestown, MA.
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.