Strategy Development Analyst III at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles
Peapod Digital Labs and the Strategy, Research & Insights Team are driven by putting the customer at the center of all they do and are constantly looking for ways to evolve the customer experience through the development and execution of new projects and initiatives across our six brands and two service centers. We are seeking positive, enthusiastic, team orientated people who can guide strategic thinking and lead/shape strategy development with C-level leaders and who want to work in an entrepreneurial environment that drives new initiatives and strategic partnerships forward.
The Strategy Development Analyst work with the Director of Strategy (Strategy Lead) and lead cross-functionally to support the identification and analysis of strategic business opportunities through assessment of each brand's current environment and the marketplace for our brick and mortar and online businesses.
Strategy Associates assist the Director of Strategy with developing strategic recommendations for the brands, often developing analytics and presentations to support the recommendation. Strategy Consultants participate in key team discussions and are expected to share their analysis, viewpoints and rationale.
The Strategy Development Analyst also will be asked to lead various ad hoc analysis, reporting and presentation development and will work with the brands, RBS, PDL, Global Support Office, Office of the CEO and at times third parties.
People who will do well in this role often have some of the following traits: analytical, creative, objective, collaborative, dynamic, good listener and able to lead and work well with all levels of the organization. They also like to work hard in a fun environment to create tangible change.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. eCommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Leads analysis and research needed for the AD USA strategic planning process
- Work with key stakeholders and other cross-functional departments to create business cases, financial models, and key analytics in support of the initiatives and strategies being developed and to evaluate and interpret factors such as performance, structure, behavior, and decision-making of the broader market and economy that will be used to drive data driven decisions
- Assists the Director of Strategy with making recommendations based on analysis of consumer research, market, environmental and operational data and delivers insights to Brands and
- Assists the Director of Strategy in developing growth and deployment strategies both with existing markets and within new geographies for both our brick and mortar businesses and eCommerce
- Create presentations to help drive work forward and gain alignment on critical issues which often will require the art of storytelling within presentations
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 2-5 years of strategy development, process execution and/or big 3 consultant experience
- Existing eCommerce experience is a plus
- Domestic travel required with minimal notice required up to 40% per year
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Ability to understand new concepts quickly and work in a fast paced dynamic work environment
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams, executives and third parties
- Ability to influence and grow internal and external networks
- Ability to work within tight timelines, deadlines and on multiple projects
- Works well in ambiguous situations and with minimal supervision
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.