Strategist, Corporate Strategy & New Business Development at Agero + Swoop
Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 150 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by two-thirds of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
The Strategist is responsible for driving critical business initiatives while serving as a strategic partner to line-of-business leads. You will lead cross-functional project teams and be tasked with translating data into insights and actionable growth opportunities. You will be responsible for centralizing, distributing, and educating all levels of the of the organization on market intelligence. You will partner with stakeholders across the business to provide complex and detail-oriented financial, business, and data analysis to strengthen the strategic rationale driving key decisions. And you will drive use of critical thinking frameworks and help support GTM strategy development and in-market hypothesis testing for emerging growth opportunities.
KEY OUTCOMES :
- Help manage external research partners. Translate output into actionable insights. Socialize findings and recommendations across the organization in preparation for the annual planning process.
- Support development and execution of Electric Vehicle, Connected Vehicle, and Marketplace initiatives
- Conduct diligence on partnership and M&A targets
- Form relationships with key stakeholders in the data science and analytics, operations, product, and finance business units
- Operate in a proactive and flexible manner, with the ability to lead multiple projects at once and pivot quickly when priorities change
- Be the subject matter expert on market intelligence
- Partner with LOB leaders and product marketing team to integrate market feedback into go-to-market strategies to ensure products satisfy customer/client needs and wants
- Develop business cases for new growth opportunities and work with cross-functional teams to test and vet assumptions
- Create quantitative analyses, including the development of complex financial models, to evaluate and implement strategic options.
- Monitor, organize, and report relevant industry news and current events to support market and competitive intelligence and assessment of new threats and opportunities arising in the marketplace.
- Interface with other groups within Agero to collect and compile information in support of strategy development.
- Support due diligence analysis of potential M&A and partnership targets.
- Develop and present findings and recommendations to Senior Leaders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
EDUCATION: The minimum education: undergraduate degree from top tier university with strong record of academic performance.
EXPERIENCE: 2-5 years related experience preferably with at least 2 years’ experience in strategy or management consulting.
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem-solving orientation with ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong analytical and research capabilities
- High proficiency with MS Office – particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- This individual will be a very driven, self-starter who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- They will also be comfortable operating autonomously and able to form relationships and gain leverage with individuals at all levels in the organization
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Strategist will be in constant contact with members of the Strategy, Analytics and Data Science, Network, Operations, Finance, and Product business units.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: <20% Travel
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.