Staff Technical Product Manager at Chewy
The Chewy Product Customer Analytics team is seeking an experienced Staff Technical Product Manager. In this role, you work closely with software engineers, data analysts, data engineers, and product leaders to build large-scale analytics solutions, which will measure success of our programs, help us understand the needs of our customers, and accelerate data-driven decision making. You will be responsible setting the standards for data governance and change management, and you will drive a broad roadmap of projects that may span multiple steps in the analytics lifecycle including event instrumentation, data pipelining, transformation, storage, and visualization and downstream analysis (BI dashboards, machine learning, A/B experiments, etc.). The ideal candidate is a strong technical leader with a background in data systems and analytics – specifically in web analytics, cloud-based storage and compute, and ETL technologies. They effectively work backwards from the customer (both external and internal) and build scalable and durable solutions. They are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and can break down complex problems into actionable tasks and roadmaps. They also have the collaborative skills to lead cross-functional teams, balance tough trade-offs, and align priorities across business, product, and tech teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead cross functional team to build systems and processes that facilitate access to high quality and timely product and customer insights.
- Work with tech, product, and business stakeholders to define project requirements, scope efforts, and manage release schedules.
- Build and own standard processes for data instrumentation, reporting, and experimentation.
- Drive program and project delivery through an Agile workflow.
- Lead project document reviews with executive-level business and tech leadership.
- Measure and enforce org-wide standards around data quality, completeness, and consistency.
- Contribute to the technical design of analytics solutions.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics), related technical field or equivalent work experiences. Master’s Degree in a quantitative field preferred.
- 7+ years experience in technical program management or similar experience managing cross functional projects and balancing product/business requirements with technical constraints.
- Ability to abstract complex subjects and communicate with audiences of varying levels of leadership and technical background.
- Strong business, operational, and technical vision.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]