Staff Software Engineer - Data Strategy
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
You’ve seen it before. Having the right data model can be the difference between success and failure for a platform. You’re so passionate about this, that you’ve gone out of your way to teach, grow and lead the engineers around you so that they can join you in your mission. We share this mission, and want you to join us to build the future of our data platform.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Data Strategy team you will be:
- Designing and building our next generation of data infrastructure that securely stores critical customer information
- Reaching across all parts of the Toast product to integrate a rich and consistent set of data driven APIs that power new and old wings of the product with elegance
- Polishing and improving the data model used across the company with an eye toward long term scalability and quality
- Polishing and improving the data model used across the company with an eye toward long term scalability
- Working individually or sometimes as the technical leader of a small group of engineers across a broad spectrum of projects. You bring industry experience to the table and want to share to help grow those around you
- Collaborating with many of the most critical aspects of the business, ranging from the CTO all the way to Customer Success and Marketing
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Some experience with distributed system design, preferably in a cloud-based microservices environment.
- 5+ years of experience in Java 8, Scala, Kotlin or another language with both object-oriented and functional components
- Some experience in the data ecosystem using technologies such as Spark, Snowflake, Cassandra, Kafka and DynamoDB.
- Former teammates who rave about your ability to clearly communicate and act as a mentor to the organization around you.
An innovative company culture depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people with different perspectives and experiences.