Sr. Master Data Management Engineer at Abacus Insights
Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, start-up technology company that is focused on improving health outcomes, lowering the cost of healthcare, and delivering a more seamless healthcare experience. At our core, we are passionate about advancing healthcare and improving people’s lives through technology.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Through this mission and passion to aid people and population health, we have built a highly successful SaaS business that is heavily funded (since our founding in 2017 we have over 18 million) by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. At Abacus, we are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is not only ripe for disruption but requires innovation. We see massive growth in our future and would love for you to be a part of it!
At Abacus, the Implementation Team molds the product into a laser-focused solution for the client. Sitting between the feature development teams and the client-facing teams, the Implementation Engineering team is critical to the success of Abacus in delivering value to each of our important customers.
As a Senior Master Data Management (MDM) Engineer, your job will be a critical piece to delivering Abacus’ MDM solution for specific customer implementations.
As a leading candidate, you have:
- 10+ years’ experience in IT and/or software engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on implementation in Multi-Domain Master Data Management on either Informatica, Infosphere, Stibo, EBX5, or Reltio
- Extensive experience designing HUB components, Match/Merge, Tokenization, Search components, Design, Workflow Components, UI Components Extensive knowledge in Build MDM Integration Java/Python API, SQL, Data Modeling – Normalized and De Normalized
- Experience in Java or Python and API based architecture, PLSQL/TSQL, MDM UI Java API and Micro Services Designing scalable components for real time integration with downstream application involving large volumes of data. Familiarity with Kubernetes and Terraform
- Experience in the health care industry
- Been exposed to working in a DevOps model
As a team member, you will:
- Use your knowledge of MDM to define entities, roles, and objects within the Abacus Platform
- Define data ingestion requirements to capture the critical data attributes needed for MDM
- Build and deploy configurations to tune the MDM solution for performance and match rate SLA(s)
- Develop, document, and execute tests of various configurations to validate expected functional and non-functional requirements are met
- Determine root-cause of system failure, report defects and enhancements, and escalate issues as needed
- Provide estimates, collaborate on project schedule, and contribute to project plan through documentation of tasks and requirements (Jira)
- Initiate and monitor processes in customer environment related to data ingestion and MDM processing
- Provide metrics, reports, and dashboards to demonstrate system behavior and performance related to match rules and processing performance
- Collaborate across multiple engineering team, sharing and absorbing knowledge from and with everyone
- Be willing to travel 25-50%
As a seasoned professional, you must:
- Know your way around AWS and the world of containerized/micro-services
- Have a development mindset, even when attacking operational tasks
- Know how to break a complex problem into small, scriptable chunks
- Know how to describe a complex problem to people of various backgrounds and skillsets