Sr. Business Analyst at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
We need your help! The Sr. Business Analyst will play integral role in our Customer Success Operations team. This person will be a trusted business partner to the Customer Success Leadership team across each of our CS Lines of Business - Support, Services and Restaurant Success teams. Play an integral part in the CS operations function focusing on financial modeling and forecasting, management reporting, financial analytics and business improvement initiatives. You will use your strong collaboration skills, financial aptitude, excellent business intuition, and the capability to work at multiple levels, while still focusing on the day-to-day operational details. We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic candidate who will care about our customer’s success and have fun doing it!
About this roll*:
- Help to develop standard and advanced business and operational models to help Customer Success scale and drive efficiencies
- Provide strategic business insights and recommendations driven from your analysis
- Steer monthly, quarterly and annual cadence reporting with business partners to review results, identify and explain variances versus forecast and budget, mitigate risks, and capitalize on opportunities
- Collaborate with CS Leadership to maintain departmental reporting metrics, calculate and review cost structures, develop resource capacity models as well as other key business inputs and drivers - helping us understand, measure and drive productivity
- Manage OKR and OKR achievement reporting the CS organization
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to understand the financial ramifications of potential business and operational decisions
- Help identify and drive efficient, consistent systems and processes, leveraging best practices and benchmarking where possible
- Partner closely with the Toast financial teams to support corporate initiatives
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- A highly quantitative problem solver who loves to dig into different kinds of data, develop business insights based on that data and can confidently communicate their findings to key stakeholders
- Experience serving as a key Business Partner to an operational leadership team (VPs, SVPs)
- Extensive experience building business financial and operational models, and analyzing large data sets (4+ years); expert Excel skills
- Strong communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- Ability to read and write SQL
- Experience with Snowflake and building interactive dashboards in tools such as Looker, Tableau, Domo, SiSense, etc.
- Experience in financial system with preference for SalesForce and NetSuite
- Work experience in a high growth tech or SaaS company
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required