SQL Server Database Administrator
DraftKings is a leading sports entertainment brand that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions and experiences on the planet. Our goal is to transform the way fans experience sports. Our mission is to make sports better – and make better sports fans – by bringing them closer to the games they love.
We are seeking a dynamic and driven Database Administrator to join our Data Platform Operations team. DraftKings' growth and success is directly related to the quality of our data and our ability to apply analytics to make business decisions. We are investing in building out a world class data analytics platform. The Database Administrator will be at the center of this with responsibility for developing, optimizing and supporting our data infrastructure.
What you will do:
- Aid in the deployment, maintenance and monitoring of our database environments which are highly available and high performing
- Implement capacity planning best practices and monitoring
- Participate in planning, maintenance and implementation of all aspects of database disaster recovery
- Follow database performance best practices and be able to train others
- Help increase our ever-expanding systems and database documentation when architecting or automating new features
- Rapidly diagnose and fix problems. Escalate more complicated problems when necessary.
- On-call responsibility (including weekends), required
- Build and deploy automation and configuration management policies and scripts
What you will need to bring:
- Amazon Web Services experience, a must have
- Proficient in SQL Server database administration, with 2-5 years’ experience
- Knowledgeable in one or more common scripting languages: Python/Powershell
- Understanding of dimensional modelling
- Proficient in T-SQL (complex queries and procedures)
- Eager and open to learning new database technologies
- Proven ability to analyze and solve large unstructured problems to maximize business value
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and detail-oriented
- Must thrive in fast paced, results driven environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Linux and Windows administration experience in an operational environment, including Windows Clustering
- Familiarity with git
- MCSA SQL Server 2012/2014, nice to have
- Knowledge of data visualization, dashboarding and reporting tools (Tableau, Qlik, SSAS/OLAP, etc.)
- AWS Redshift experience, a plus
At DraftKings, we promote diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.