SQL Server Database Administrator
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Love data? We do too.
We are growing rapidly and our ability to apply analytics to our decision-making has a direct impact on that growth. As a Database Administrator within our Data Platform Operations team, your ideas will help us develop, optimize, and support our data infrastructure. If data is your game, we hope you join our team.
What you’ll do as an SQL Server Database Administrator:
- You will support the deployment, maintenance, and monitoring of our database environments.
- Improve our expanding systems and database documentation when architecting or automating new features.
- Participate in planning, maintenance, and implementation of all aspects of database disaster recovery.
- Follow database performance best practices and be able to train others.
- You will rapidly diagnose and fix problems. You’ll also escalate more complicated problems when necessary.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have extensive experience with Amazon Web Services.
- 2-5 years of experience in SQL Server database administration.
- You are proficient in at least one common scripting language like Python or Powershell.
- Thorough understanding of dimensional modeling.
- You’re an expert in T-SQL (complex queries and procedures).
- You also have knowledge of data visualization, dashboarding, and reporting tools like Tableau, Qlik, SSAS/OLAP, etc.)
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.