Klaviyo is growing fast and we have openings for all skill levels across all of our teams. Learn more about our engineering culture at https://klaviyo.tech and listen to our data science team podcast at https://medium.com/klaviyo-data-science
We love programming and the excitement that comes with building something people use. We are the kind of people that love talking to users and can find the balance between solving a problem quickly and thinking about how your code will work in the future. We love to move fast, keep learning and get stuff done.
Our data science team takes ideas from inception to new machine learning-powered features that ship to our hundreds of thousands of users. You’ll be central to creating features that help our customers learn and grow from their data. For this role, we’re looking for people who are first and foremost software engineers with an interest in data science.
Technologies we use (not comprehensive!):
Numpy, Scipy, Pandas
Aurora, Cassandra, Kafka
How you will make a difference:
- Design and implement systems that run correctly, securely and reliably at scale.
- Build products that enable our customers to grow faster using data science.
- Be full stack, owning front-end and back-end projects.
Who You Are:
- Have experience building software solutions for customer needs
- Have experience implementing machine learning models, data pipelines and testing frameworks for research and production use.
- Have experience processing cloud-scale data using parallel, elastic, streaming and similar techniques.
- Understand how to profile code and optimize performance.
- Aspire to correctness (e.g. in your code, in drawing conclusions from data)
- Have a bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer science, applied math, statistics or other relevant quantitative discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.