Algorand builds technology that accelerates the convergence between decentralized and traditional finance. At Algorand, we have a vision where everyone creates and exchanges value efficiently, transparently, and securely. Our Employees play a critical role in executing on this vision with their ability to think beyond, have courage in all they do, succeed together, and tackle hard problems creatively.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Smart Contract Researcher to be part of the design and development of Algorand’s layer-2 smart contract architecture. You’ll be working closely with top-notch researchers and engineers. As part of the team, your responsibilities include both solving open-ending design problems and hands-on system building, testing, and analyzing. You’ll have the opportunity to influence the evolvement of important components in the system, as well as to conduct advanced research on Algorand blockchain and smart contracts.
This is an opportunity for someone who is genuinely excited by new technologies and has a passion for building products that will serve millions of users. You will be working on a fast-paced, rapidly growing, high-profile project with a significant opportunity for industry-level impact on emerging blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies. Our state-of-the-art headquarters is located in Boston, Mass. and has been updated with all of the latest safety features. We love to work with New England talent and relocate people to the area; however, we are happy to talk to candidates across the United States to discuss remote opportunities.
This Job is For You if You’re:
- Genuinely excited to solve complex problems
- Passionate about blockchain technology and/or cryptocurrency
- Obsessed with building products that millions of users will touch
- Interested in remote and in-office flexibility
- Devise innovative ideas for solving hard technical problems involving distributed systems, scale, and security, and then translate these ideas into technical designs and implementation.
- Are great communicators and highly advanced technically, solving a vast array of open-ended problems.
- Are a key part of an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity both internally and externally.
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Demonstrable expertise in programming language and/or distributed systems
- In-depth building experience of computer systems, networks, interpreters, or compilers
- Expertise in distributed ledgers and smart contracts favorable but not required
- Great communication and teamwork
Algorand is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation during the interview process, please advise your recruiter.
Our compensation package is generous, including a competitive cash compensation and an equity position in the organization. Our benefits programs are top tier, with 99.99% of benefits premiums for our Employees and their families paid for by the Company.