Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is hiring an organized, highly motivated Senior Strategy Analyst, Digital Retail to support the Digital Retail efforts across the organization Your data insights will play a big part in enabling one of CG largest initiatives- We are looking for thoughtful, daringly curious candidates who can dive into sophisticated data and draw insightful conclusions. You’ll work collaboratively with many departments and business partners, and gain exposure to multiple dimensions of the business. This position will identify business opportunities and make recommendations on how to achieve business goals. By helping to clarify elements of our strategy you will be having a visable and real world impact on across a wide range of Cargurus’ business.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgrounds—we do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct exploratory data analysis across disparate data sources (e.g. website usage, dealer behavior patterns and customer insights)
- Understand the performance of existing products and see opportunities for new product offerings
- Recommend performance improvement ideas gathering data and partnering with product, engineering, marketing, sales, and finance departments to grow our business
- Define metrics to evaluate business performance, products and experiments; build reports and dashboards to monitor and understand them
- Present data analysis, visualizations, and insights to key partners
- Be a voice and advocate for using data to improve the quality of our decision making
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of proven experience in an analytical or consultant role (experience in consumer internet, digital marketing or SaaS product data a plus)
- Fluency in SQL and Python/R, or other scripting language ideal
- Strong grasp of statistical concepts (confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression models)
- Knowledge of BI and reporting tools, or demonstrated ability in learning new tool
- Ability to influence multiple partners and adopt new data-driven approaches to achieve a shared business goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to connect and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.