Senior SQL Server Database Administrator( remote virtual home office eligible) at Humana Studio_h
The Senior Database Administrator manages and maintains all production and non-production databases. Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration. The Senior Database Administrator work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Humana is seeking a Senior Database Administrator that:
- Performs backup and recovery on Database Management Systems, configures database parameters, and prototype designs against logical data models, defines data repository requirements, data dictionaries and warehousing requirements.
- Optimizes database access and allocates/re-allocates database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost.
- Supports multiple services and multiple databases of medium to high complexity (complexity defined by database size, technology used, systems feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data.
- Works with the cloud teams to help with the design, migration, and support of database cloud initiatives.
- Begins to influence department’s strategy.
- Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Specific duties include:
- Perform day-to-day and new IT project support
- Server installation
- DB design (create logical/physical database models)
- Create and Enforce Database Standards
- Administer Security Roles
- Patching and vulnerability mitigation
- Create database objects (e.g. tables, indexes, etc…)
- DB backup and maintenance plans
- Liaison with vendors for product install and support
- SSIS deployment/troubleshooting
- SQL Server Agent jobs
- Database cloning (data refreshes)
- Monitoring\Alerting such as DB size, blocking, utilization, etc.
- Performance tuning (query tuning, server tuning, disk performance, memory pressure, CPU bottleneck, etc..)
- Client and\or connection issues
- Utilize ITIL processes for change management controls
- Bachelor's degree in technical field or 5 years experience minimum in lieu of
- Minimum of 3 years database administration experience
- Experience implementing technologies with enterprise-wide impact
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Experience troubleshooting complex performance issues
- Experience working with large ETL systems
- Familiarity with Agile or Kanban methodologies
- Healthcare industry experience
- Experience in the following
- Automation tools such as PowerShell, Puppet, and ServiceNow
- Implementing and supporting AG and traditional failover clusters
- Cloud database support
- Replication and snapshots
- SentryOne and/or SolarWinds DPA/Ignite