Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning at Veeva
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:24 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, November 3, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that has experience in Machine Learning to join our team. We are building a leading-edge robust suite of Cloud Artificial Intelligence capabilities to accommodate multiple use cases analyzing customer data, providing insights, and streamlining business processes. These AI services will be used by enterprise pharmaceutical and biotech companies with the potential to revolutionize the Life Sciences industry.
What You'll Do
- Develop highly scalable systems, algorithms, and tools to support machine learning solutions
- Develop, integrate, and optimize end-to-end AI pipelines
- Partner with data science and domain engineering teams to support the business requirements
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle, from design to implementation
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other developers and peers
- 5+ years of server-side programming experience in Java
- 2+ years of hands-on professional Machine Learning and Python experience
- Strong engineering and coding skills, with the ability to write high-performance production code
- Experience with AWS (S3, Elastic Beanstalk, EKS, Sagemaker, ELK, etc) or similar cloud services
- Hands-on experience with open source technologies such as: Spring, MySQL, Hibernate, Solr, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Mockito, Tomcat, Linux, Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes
- Strong collaboration skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have
- Hands-on experience with one or more ML frameworks such as Tensorflow, MXNet, Scikit-Learn
- Knowledge of deep neural networks, classification techniques, and natural language processing
- Engineer Perspective: 3 Reasons to Consider Veeva
- Engineering at Veeva
Perks & Benefits
- Health & wellness programs
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]