Senior Software Engineer, Data Visualization at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
As a Data Visualization Engineer on our Marketplace Innovation and Analytics team, you will build cutting edge visualizations to drive actionable insights from large and complex datasets. Collaborating across multiple teams, you will execute complex, novel projects through rapid prototyping and provide data-driven solutions and visualizations. You will be pivotal in our team mission to demonstrate the value of Indigo’s research and data while serving as a proving ground for new ideas before going to market and accelerate our product development through rapid iteration.
- Understand data infrastructure and sources and be able to deploy applications within Indigo’s production environment
- Collaborate across teams at Indigo and contribute to applications that have been deployed to internal stakeholders and external customers
- Design and deploy rapid, web-based solutions to bring Indigo’s data science assets to market
- Build out reusable templates to improve front end portals and API development for common prototyping use cases
- Understand and anticipate user needs and be able to build applications in a collaborative and self-directed environment
- Demonstrated history of building intuitive and interactive visualizations or the endpoints that drive them (if you have a portfolio to share, we’d love to see it)
- Passion for data visualization and discovering the best ways to communicate insights effectively
- Able to create and execute tasks with minimal direction
- Able to collaborate as a team member and work independently in a fast paced project-based environment
- Write well-documented, maintainable code in a collaborative environment
- Work cross-functionally with an enablement mindset to improve visualization capabilities across the team
- Strong desire to learn and develop existing and new skill sets
- Thrive in a fast-paced, growth environment with an insatiable hunger to learn
- 3+ years of experience working professionally in data visualization, analytics, or web app development (full stack)
- Fluent in Python, Java, or other back end development language
- Experience with SQL database schema design and developing RESTful APIs (Postgres, Flask)
- Cloud architecture and continuous integration / deployment experience (AWS / GCP, CircleCI / Jenkins)
- Experience developing unit and integration tests (PyTest, Mocha, Jasmine, etc.)
- UX / UI experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Git or similar version control
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.