DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
Insight through data.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Data Science, at DraftKings, you’ll be a member of an engineering team made up of members with skill sets across math and software development, dedicated to building product that solves some of the most analytically challenging problems here at DraftKings.
What you’ll do as a Senior Software Engineer, Data Science:
- Work in complex technical systems and wrangle data from a wide set of data sources
- Research and develop advanced models that uncover learnings from raw data
- Serve as an engineering lead to build algorithm solutions into our overall technical platform
- Partner closely with business leads across the company to project plan and execute on valuable data science projects
- Data mining - write code to uncover insights hidden in our vast repository of raw data, and provide tactical guidance on how to leverage findings
- Algorithm design - develop quantitative models, leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques
- Algorithm platform engineering - architect and build technical platforms for our algorithmic engines to run at scale
What skills you will use:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a quantitative and/or technical work environment is required
- Strong software development experience (e.g. languages such as Python, Java, C# and/or C++, etc.) is required
- Knowledge of quantitative methods (statistics, machine learning, general data analysis) is required
- Intuitive sense of how quantitative and technical work aligns closely with business priorities and business value will be required
- Ability to effectively work with business leads: strong communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts is required
- Intense intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to always be learning is required
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving open-ended problems is required
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.