Senior Research Scientist
Humana needs your analytical skills to help us tell a compelling story about healthcare today. Through the strategic interpretation of data, we provide our consumers with meaningful insights about the choices they make and help them lead their best lives. We’re passionate about combining and analyzing diverse types of data to extract new, actionable discoveries about our members and their health-related behaviors. We encourage you to dive into your passion for data and use analysis to help Humana tell the health-and-wellness stories of our members. We’re looking for driven, innovative people who are interested in using their data-mining and analytical skills to help our consumers achieve lifelong well-being and help Humana make lasting, positive changes in the healthcare industry.
As a Senior Research Scientist for the Healthcare Research team, you will work collaboratively to design and conduct outcomes research studies:
- Identify and understand business and clinical issues to map these issues into quantitative questions.
- Design scientifically valid studies to answer relevant questions.
- Explore relevant data sources to understand what metrics can be produced.
- Coordinate the integration of data to determine clinical and economic trends and impact.
- Work with complex health care databases to produce statistical output and interpret results.
- Contributes substantially to development of study reports, executive summaries and peer review publications.
- Communicate insights and analytical findings to a broad range of audiences.
- Masters in health services research, statistics, quantitative social science or related analytical focused field.
- 3+ years of experience working with in depth research, pharmaceutical research or HEOR.
- Proficiency managing and analyzing data in SAS environment.
- 3+ Experience using various technical and analytical tools to manipulate and draw insights from large, complex data sets.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to manage multiple competing projects and initiatives
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to communicate analytical data and insights to a wide variety of consumers.
- Experience collaborating with peers
- Previous experience creating a research/analytical plan, completing in depth analysis on large data sets, communicating the outcomes or findings to others
- PhD in related health services, quantitative or analytical field.
- Substantial experience working with large and dynamic administrative claims data sets
- Experience conducting health outcomes research using clinical, claims, pharmacy or other healthcare data
Scheduled Weekly Hours: Core EST. Humana hours
Our Hiring Process
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we may contact you via text message and email to gather more information we use a software platform called Montage. Montage Text, Scheduling and Video technologies allow you to interact with us at the time and location most convenient for you.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you may receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice, Text Messaging and/or Video interview. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.