The Senior Research Consulting Professional performs basic observational and experimental scientific, technological, health economics and outcomes investigation directed toward the acquisition of new knowledge and to guide business decisions. The Senior Research Consulting Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
The Senior Research Consulting Professional provides expert guidance around study design, research methodology, analyses and interpretation of results. Acts as principal investigator, leading the study team from study inception to dissemination of research results. Prepares comprehensive documents including study protocols, technical reports, executive summaries, and presentations to communicate the study research findings. Publishes research results, in peer reviewed publications and presents at appropriate scientific conferences and forums. Documents research leading to patent disclosure or technical and/or scientific advancement. For retrospective data analyses (e.g. healthcare administrative claims), a collaborating scientist may complete data extraction from a database(s), create tabular and graphical displays of study data and analytic results to facilitate interpretations. For certain studies, the Senior Research Consulting Professional may actually complete data extraction from a database and generate analytic results. The Senior Research Consulting Professional will also support or facilitate primary data collection efforts as appropriate. The Senior Research Consulting Professional exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments and works without direction but in collaboration with study team members and other peers in order to produce the highest quality work possible.
- Master's degree or higher in Health Services Research, Public Health, Health Economics or related field
- 5 or more years of technical experience
- Experience with studies using large datasets
- Experience with scientific publication
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- PhD (or equivalent) in Health Services Research, Public Health, Health Economics or related field
- Publication of prior studies in peer reviewed journals
- Experience using SAS for data management and statistical analysis