Senior Product Analyst at edX
We’re looking for an exceptional business-focused data analyst to drive data-based decision making across edX and for our partners. As a Sr. Product Analyst working side-by-side with the high-impact, cross-functional Programs team, you’ll support our B2C/learner product(s), which bring to market a range of content and educational program types to our global learner base.
Integrating data insights across a range of business and product decisions is a top edX strategic priority. This is an opportunity to create tremendous business value as we build a world-class data team of analysts and data scientists - individuals with high data literacy, intellectual curiosity and communication skills. In this role, your work will have a major and highly visible impact on edX’s mission of providing high-quality education to everyone, everywhere.
- Be a driving influencer in the use and application of analysis to solve business problems.
- Define (or redefine) the leading indicators of success for your team. Define, develop and monitor the metrics or dashboards to enable reporting and ad hoc analysis.
- Become an expert in translating your team’s needs into specific analysis that yields actionable insights to support the continuing advancement of our B2C products.
- Leverage a range of financial, learner-related and behavioral data to uncover issues or opportunities your teams can use to innovate and improve product and GTM strategies
- Collaborate with data engineering and your analytics peers to identify, implement, and drive adoption of analytics-based solutions.
- Communicate findings to stakeholders at all levels of the organization with a point of view and a desire to enable your teams to make a data-driven decision.
- Educational or professional experience with a heavy quantitative, analytical focus.
- Practical experience in a business environment influencing decision-making via a wide range of analyses.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience working with large datasets: particularly data mining, manipulation and exploration.
- Ability to acquire and manipulate data programmatically, including strong SQL skills
- Experience with experimental design, analysis and tooling (e.g., Optimizely)
- Confidence using a variety of analytical and statistical techniques.
- Scrappiness, big picture thinking, and interest in solving fuzzy business problems.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate closely with others.
Nice to have
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python, R, or others.
- Experience working in (or proficient understanding of) a content-driven product/business.
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker Power BI); web-based analytical tools (e.g., Amplitude, Segment) - or demonstrated ability to quickly get up to speed.
How you will grow
- Be part of a highly talented, collaborative, and practical data team that is always teaching and learning from each other.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and with senior leadership on some of edX's highest visibility initiatives.
- Focus your energy on business impact, honing your ability to use data to create quantifiable value for an organization.
- Play a key role in transforming a business line early in its analytical journey into a highly sophisticated data-driven organization.
- Solve challenging technical problems involving large volumes of data using cutting-edge tools.
- Dedicate your time at work to furthering an important social cause, and have a big impact on edX's sustainability.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we understand there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you.
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available. Candidates must be local to Massachusetts.