Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
As the Senior Manager of Business Intelligence, you are interested in streamlining data collection and analysis practices, identifying key conclusions, and conveying those themes to Sales and Executive Leadership. You’ll manage a team and work collaboratively with a multi-functional group of analysts across the company to elevate the data and insights that will ultimately contribute to enhancing revenue and increasing sales efficiency. You'll have the opportunity to work alongside leadership teams in Sales, Marketing, Product, Finance, and Investor Relations.
This role requires a balanced focus on process improvement and data stewardship with a unique focus on analytics and reporting. If you are a BI professional with an analytical mentality, a love of translating analyses into Executive-level insights, experience solving data problems, and want to make an immediate and lasting impact in a best-in-class software company, then we would love to meet you.
What You'll Do:
- Support internal business leaders with weekly, monthly, and quarterly operational metrics and financial reporting packages.
- Build and maintain the distribution of self-service data reporting dashboards for the organization, with a focus on accessibility, automation, accuracy, and alignment to reporting definitions and parameters.
- Demonstrate mastery knowledge in data intricacies but translate the critical considerations to Executive audiences concisely through different communication platforms (verbally, presentations, memos).
- Partner with key business partners to influence decision making with supporting analysis.
- Drive collaboration with team of Analysts to find creative solutions to complex challenges, supported by data, while ensuring Business Intelligence governance and alignment, measuring impact and ROI on all requests.
- Applies in- depth knowledge of organizational objectives to convince key stakeholders of desired outcomes with supporting analysis.
- Drive analytics strategy by coaching and advising the business on effective data practices enabling a more data driven workforce.
- Develop and nurture the team of analysts, providing mentorship and facilitating an inclusive environment, as well as aiding in execution of team objectives by rolling up your sleeves and contributing accordingly.
Who You Are:
- Proven tenure in the business intelligence/analytics space (7+ years) with demonstrated experience in a supervisory capacity (4+ years), preferably within business intelligence, data analysis, FP&A, or Sales operations.
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and collecting structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting, as well as creating reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business decisions.
- High expertise in designing and carrying out SQL queries.
- Competency in Excel, Salesforce, Looker, and other analytical tools; experience with NetSuite and Zuora preferred.
- Ability delivering concise insights, driven by data, at an executive leadership level.
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS preferred.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have the determination, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to speak with you and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021 or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.