Senior Machine Learning Engineer at CarGurus
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
We're looking for a thoughtful, technical and deeply collaborative Senior Machine Learning Engineer to work with our growing Analytics Engineering team! This position will provide foundational framework for the Data Science team. This includes building the infrastructure to allow the team to "publish" models into production, developing Python libraries to facilitate feature generation, and providing the data science team with product-based datasets to train their models.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Emerging Product Engineers, and Analysts
- Be the interface between the data warehouse and the data science team, using transformation frameworks to automate dataset generation
- Help Data Scientists optimize, monitor, and deploy their models
- Build, maintain, and upgrade a platform for running machine learning models
- Develop APIs to serve model predictions in real time and at scale
- Learn the business inside and out, interfacing with domain knowledge experts
- Participate in creating the team’s roadmap, providing feedback on priority and business value.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years experience as a data engineer, machine learning engineer, or a software engineer with a passion for data.
- Team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Self-starter, willing to jump in and learn something new to execute on a task.
- Experienced in SQL, with ability to optimize database and query performance.
- A natural detective, with a keen interest in solving business problems with data driven methods.
- Deeply focused on delivering value to stakeholders, with a data-as-a-product mindset.
- Passionate about creating production grade systems and data quality, supporting what you build.
- Familiarity with cloud computing and architectures.
- Exposure and experience with machine learning is a plus.
Technologies we use:
Airflow, AWS, Docker, Snowflake, Python, Spark, Kafka, Prometheus, Snowplow
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.