Who we are
Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We are there when it matters - committed to life’s moments and the people who create them. We partner with the best retail stores in over 100 cities across North America to serve up the best buying experience. Drizly offers a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. Bottom line, we solve it. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customers. We care about our company. We care about our team. There will be long days and incredible challenges.
We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) -and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us.
Do you see yourself here? Read on.
Who you are
The Senior Insights Manager will provide strategic advice and insights to Drizly’s advertising partners that will help inform, optimize and drive growth for the business. In this role, you balance out both driving useful insights using large and complex data sets while also being able to work through ambiguous business challenges. You are someone that can zoom out and look at the overall industry in which Drizly operates in while still identifying specific insights that are relevant to our Ad Partners. You bring a strategic approach that looks at the future of Advertising and are able to not only translate them into breakthrough strategies but can communicate them effectively to our team and partners.
You have a track record of success with 5+ years in a Sales Planning role at a major eComm, Retail, Ad Tech or Agency.
What the role is
The Sr Insights Manager will work on the Strategic Partnerships and Monetization team to drive practical recommendations to our Ad Sales team and Advertising partners. This person is able analyze partner performance, industry trends and third-party research and distill it into actionable strategies that will help drive sales for Drizly and its Partners (e.g. GMV, ROAs, Net Revenue, etc.). They will work regularly with our Account Managers and Ad Partners to help provide a better understanding of the advertising landscape, measure performance and provide recommendations on ad optimizations that can improve performance.
They will need to dive into multiple 3rd party and/or first party data sets across services that range from IRI, Nielsen, CitrusAd, NetSuite, etc., be able to identify the key metrics to analyze from complex data sets (manages complexity), bridge incomplete datasets and triangulate on directional guidance ( handles ambiguity) and is then able to package this information and clearly communicate concrete outcomes (business insights) to internal team members and external partners.
Over time and based on the knowledge the Sr Insights Manager accumulates through each ad hoc analysis, they can take this information to help identify trends and apply this to strategic planning with the business, roadmap, buying strategies and more.
The Other Stuff
- Salary range: $102,500-138,000/ year.
- One-on-one professional coaching with external expert
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter benefits 401(K) Plan
- Added perks
In this role you will:
- Lead the creation and/or input into recap decks on performance of paid media, Ad Partner (e.g. Diageo, Pernod Ricard, etc.) insights for recurring syncs, case studies on best practices, forecasting impact of ad opportunities that can be used in sales pitches, white papers, etc.
- Plan and implement custom research projects to meet needs of the advertising sales team, and their ad partners.
- Understand complex data sets across our ad products to create hypotheses and translate this into analysis requirements and identify meaningful insights that help suppliers improve paid media outcomes on Drizly.
- Own and execute end-to-end research including the scoping, design, data collection, data analysis, recommendations and presenting results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate complex topics in a way that can be understood by internal and external teams and/or partners.
- Familiarity with IRI, Nielsen, Advertising Performance Metrics and Looker
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Excel, Word and Google Docs
You do you.
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
BEFORE YOU APPLY...
We ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume before you upload it on the next page in an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process. Drizly is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices.
Identifying information includes your name, photos, LinkedIn URL, email address and more.
You must reside in the United States to be considered for this position.