Senior Director, Strategy & Growth, Hotels
Who are we
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest online travel site, visited by 400 million travelers each month, and our business – TripAdvisor Hotels – is a fascinating and ever-evolving part of the organization.
B2B Hotels is a significant revenue generator for the business through our traditional Business Advantage Product and in 2018 we launched our new hit product Sponsored Placements. We have great excitement about the potential of this segment of our business to rapidly grow our top and bottom line revenue stream.
This is a unique opportunity, for one of the most progressive companies in the digital space. We are looking for a talented dynamic B2B Strategy & Growth Leader to own our ability to identify strategic areas of revenue growth potential for us to invest in through either building, partnering or buying solutions sets that match our Hotel Partner needs and where relevant our traveller needs of our two sided marketplace.
Why this job is excellent
As Sr Director of Strategy & Growth for B2B Hotels you will be integral to shaping the future success of B2B Hotels. You will own the strategic process to really understand the needs of the accommodation industry, identifying where TripAdvisor has a right to play and win due to our wealth of unique assets and developing from there a strong business model against new products/technology that we could build/buy or partner.
As part of the B2B Hotels leadership team you will actively work alongside relevant stakeholders in Product, Engineering, Operations, Sales, Research, Analytics and Corp Development. You will be looking to ensure that all the proper inputs into the strategy are obtained and their is alignment to enable the successful execution of the proposed business plan that we chose to invest in.
You will report into the VP B2B Hotels
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the process of analysing the trends of the Hotel/Accommodation industry
- Identify value creation opportunities, presenting proposals to the Hotels BU and Executive Leadership Team. Supporting investment appraisal, funding approvals and broader business case development.
- Identifying the key external relationships with project partners.
- Researching these partners to enhance relationships and identify shared interests
- Holding relationships with CxO level.
- Data / Insights – pooling knowledge within the Hotels BU & TAMG where relevant.
- Promoting & enhancing our industry standing.
- Representing the business at key conferences / events.
- Leading strategic planning
- Coordinating working groups across the Hotels Business Unit & other BU’s when relevant
- Effectively frame complex strategic problems in order to drive methodic resolution of them; Synthesize information and turn it into successful strategy
- Presenting key issues / opportunities to the Hotels Business Unit
- Owning three - five year P&L advanced business models and driving working groups on specific goals
What We Seek:
- Between 10-20 years experience in Corporate Strategy roles operating within a company or a consulting firm with experience in M&A and commercial development
- Holistic strategic/business thinking & execution of plans
- Ability to embrace change & drive change - test and learn culture!
- Ability to work across teams - Crisp Stakeholder management - Sales, Product, Operations, Marketing etc
- Strong leadership and management - building/enhancing team
- An organized, entrepreneurial self-starter; able to identify what needs to get done, then willing and able to make it happen
- Experience within the hospitality and accommodation industry a potential plus point
- Passion for the business and our partners