Senior Director, B2B Analytics at TripAdvisor
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor’s B2B organization empowers partners in the Hospitality industry to better serve Travelers through our B2B product portfolio including our Meta Auction, Hospitality Solutions and Media Solutions business lines.
We recently launched Tripadvisor Plus, which is a first-of-its-kind travel membership program. By offering guests exclusive discounts and perks, Tripadvisor Plus gives Hotels another way to attract ready-to-book travelers on the world’s largest travel guidance platform.
TripAdvisor is seeking a passionate leader to own Analytics for our Business-to-Business organization. This is a leadership position that will have exposure across the entire business.
The ideal candidate is a Business leader with a proven track record of leveraging analytical insights to improve business performance and impact strategic direction on growth opportunities in a B2B organization.
As the Senior Director of Analytics in our B2B organization, you will be responsible for providing overall leadership of Analytics and Insights across our lines-of-business including Media, Hospitality Solutions, Auction and Plus. You will be responsible for collecting, managing, and analyzing datasets across our product portfolio to provide business intelligence solutions for Product, Marketing, Finance, Sales, and Operations teams. In this role, you will work with our GMs of the respective business lines, and with our Business Line Leaders (BLLs) to better understand and serve the business as well as functional leaders in Engineering, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Strategy and FP&A to ensure that the team successfully executes on its mission and vision.
You will provide strategic insights to our Chief Commercial Officer, and the B2B leadership team to help inform decisions on business outcomes and potential growth opportunities. You will also partner closely with the VP of Business Operations to provide inputs into actionable insights for improving our operations. This role reports to our VP of Analytics and Data Science.
- Attract, manage, mentor and grow a team of top analytical talent gifted at understanding business problems and leveraging insights to solve those problems.
- Help ensure that Tripadvisor is an equitable and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and can thrive through training, coaching, and overall strategy and practice.
- Help to create strategies for Tripadvisor’s organizational engagement and culture goals.
- Develop standards for the team and a coherent approach to intake and prioritization. Identify early gaps in resourcing and project with reliability turnaround time. Ability to increase velocity of delivering insights without sacrificing quality.
- Partner deeply with the business to up-level systems and processes to meet business needs, and yield operational wins.
- Align and balance the demands of competing business leaders ensuring that we're spending resources on the top priorities for the business vs. nice-to-have analyses. Bring a practical bent to analytic problem solving, identifying the most efficient solution to complex reporting challenges.
- Align the strategy for your Analytics teams with our business strategy with a focus on creating partner value
- Partner to establish a long-term roadmap for providing deep business intelligence for the business lines you support
- Drive data-driven decisions and advance our data-focused culture
- Ability to work with senior/executive leadership on data priorities. Creating end-to-end views of the business that enable deeper understanding of customer experience and business performance.
- Able to prioritize conflicting demands; able to prioritize large number of requests/requirements from diverse group of end-users; able to set expectations to broad group of internal clients
- Able to think big-picture about business intelligence analytics and visualization, linking many different teams' data
- Collect, manage, and analyze user, sales force and product data
- Ensure and improve data quality, integrity, accuracy, and utility
- Collaborate with all teams to find growth levers and optimization opportunities
- Define business questions and provide business intelligence
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Information Systems, Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Math, or any other related field
- Solid in-depth experience working in a B2B organization.
- Experience working with Salesforce.
- Strong understanding of modern B2B marketing (e.g. demand generation, multi-channel attribution, channel mix optimization, spend management, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written, and visual; ability to take the results of analyses and communicate significant recommendations concisely
- A strong history of successfully mentoring team members into increasingly senior roles.
- 10+ years of experience in data analytics
- 6+ years of experience managing direct reports, cross-functional teams, and leading managers.
- Experience working directly as a change agent within an organization. You are no stranger to setting, driving towards, and meeting organization wide goals and KPIs.
- Experience as a thought leader within an organization. Working closely with executive teams to impact and drive change is a large part of your expertise.
- Ability to work cross functionally, knowing which levers to pull to bring your strategies to the table and execute successfully.
- Experience running complex testing platforms and using a/b tests to create long term value
- Strong analytical, statistical, and quantitative background.
- Strong technical capabilities with knowledge of data warehouses; Snowflake, and/or BigQuery, ETL processes, and data integration tools.
- Experience in data visualization frameworks (Tableau, optionally Looker) is a must
- Advanced SQL is a must. Python skills is a bonus.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at [email protected]