Senior Database Systems Analyst at Vestmark, Inc.
We are looking to add a senior database systems analyst to join the team (Vestmark System Performance and Scalability). You will be a key player in understanding our database system performance and administration. You will work with all parts of the company including but not limited to software development, systems engineering, and customer delivery to ensure that our database design and implementation is optimized to best meet the needs of our clients. You will collaborate with software development on new database schema and query design. You will define database maintenance standards and work with the operations team to ensure these standards are implemented and followed consistently. You will occasionally propose enhancements to the daily operations around database systems. You will be responsible for forecasting system requirements and provide a course of action to meet the growing workload demands.
- Troubleshoot application performance issues related to database operations
- Review new database schema and query design to ensure that they are scalable and meet performance objectives
- Develop and maintain standard database maintenance routines to ensure the VestmarkONE application continues to meet performance requirements
- Work with all departments to ensure that database system version upgrades are well-planned, thoroughly tested, and successful
- Monitor database performance across all clients to identify long running queries and/or other areas of opportunity for enhancing performance
Minimum Qualifications (Requirements):
- 10+ years related technical experience working with complex database systems and applications
- 5+ years of experience with MS SQL Server
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a large scale SaaS company
- Demonstrable experience with database schema design, SQL design, and SQL plan analysis
- Demonstrable experience using performance tools like Solarwinds DPA and MS SQL Profiler
- Significant work experience with Atlassian products (JIRA, Wiki etc)
- Understanding of high performance storage subsystems (e.g. HPE 3PAR, Nimble, etc.)
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Experience working with Splunk
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
The System Performance and Scale team is a small team dedicated to the daily operation of the VestmarkONE suite of applications. The team is responsible for the design, system performance, capacity forecasting, monitoring and continuous improvement of our operations. The team offers a great opportunity to experience a wide range of technologies and challenges as we strive to provide world class hosted services to our growing customer base. The team plays a vital role in proactive and predictive monitoring and continuously interacts with engineering, implementation, managed services and technical support teams.