The Senior Data Scientist leverages large sets of structured and unstructured data to develop models and collaborate with engineers to build analytics products. Work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Data Scientist collaborates with analytic and data teams to set objectives, approaches, and work plans. Researches and evaluates new analytical methodologies, approaches, and solutions. Develops and validates statistical forecasting models and tools. Interprets and communicates analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics and/or related field and 5 years or experience OR Master's Degree in a similar field and 3 years of experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience leveraging large sets of structured and unstructured data to develop tactical and strategic insights
- Experience developing and validating statistical forecasting models and tools
- Experience interpreting and communicating analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers
- Experience driving resources, approach, and tactical operations for projects and initiatives involving own departmental area
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, dynamic personality who is able to work independently
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Work experience in a health care and/or Insurance setting
- Demonstrated experience in: information extraction from text, natural language question answering, chat bots, natural language understanding
- Experience working with standard speech recognition toolkits
- Experience with cloud-based ecosystems (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Experience in Big Data environment specifically PySpark and DataBricks
- Previously applied machine learning to help a firm reach objectives