Senior Data Scientist
The Senior Data Scientist uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The Senior Data Scientist work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Data Scientist develops, maintains, and collects structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting. Creates reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business strategy and tactics. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
This roles is part of the Enterprise Analytics ECOM Team.
In this role you will:
- Use techniques from supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical analysis, or predictive modeling to deliver insights to aligned business partners
- Work directly with aligned business partners to develop analytics for internal asset optimization to better align program performance to top outcomes
- Create reusable implementations of statistical tests and models using the available technologies in the ecosystem
- Work with the academic and business community to develop new techniques and to contribute to research in the area of advanced analytics on large databases
- Assist in customer engagement management, requirements definition, project scoping, timeline management, and results documentation to ensure professional relationship management
- Use machine learning techniques to assess outcomes of interventions, clinical programs or marketing campaigns
- Build ‘smart’ systems that learn from health intervention outcomes over time
In the first year this role will focus on the following:
- Develop effective partnerships with internal business partners and coworkers.
- Work in an agile way to produce, interpret and recommend real time optimization opportunities for the business to implement using advanced analytics techniques
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask and quickly pivot based on business needs
- Implement real time business feedback of analytics based on the direct needs of internal customers
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of applicable experience OR Master's Degree and 3 or more years of experience
- Experience in using mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions
- Experience in working with assignments that involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and collecting structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting
- Experience in creating reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business strategy and tactics
- Ability to make decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master's Degree
This role will be based in Boston at Humana's new office - Studio H, located at 281 Summer Street in the Seaport District.
At Humana Studio H, we offer the expansive data and technology architecture needed to get things done. We’re harnessing the power and potential of predictive modeling, artificial intelligence and machine learning to revolutionize—and forever impact—the way healthcare is delivered.