Senior Data Scientist, Fraud at Chewy
Chewy is seeking a highly motivated, goal-oriented, and analytical, Senior Data Scientist, Fraud to join our exciting and fast paced company in Boston, MA. Our team is growing and if you are equally passionate about data analysis, e-commerce, and career growth, an opportunity at Chewy may be a great match! You will be focused on solving business problems by developing and implementing best-in-class fraud prevention and detection models. In this role, you will be the analytical expert for identifying and retooling suitable machine learning algorithms that can enhance the fraud risk ranking of particular transactions and/or applications for new products. You will cooperate with cross-functional teams across the organization in finding insights and developing the right data solutions.
You should be effective at organizing large amounts of data from multiple data sources and build predictive anomaly detection machine learning models that will help in identifying valid Fraudulent transactions . Your expertise and insights will help us effectively utilize data assets like past Order/Fraud history to control fraud loss and improve customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- Research, design, and implement predictive models and classifiers built off of billions of rows of data
- Routinely and effectively partner with digital marketing team to define key business questions and build the models and data sets that answer these questions
- Lead identification of trends and KPI’s with the objective of improving marketing performance
- Mentor junior data analysts and demonstrate Data Science and development best practices
What you’ll need
- An M.S., P.H.D., or equivalent experience in a related discipline (Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Finance or C.S.)
- Experience in Python, R, or other Data Science object oriented programming language
- Experience with applying machine learning techniques at scale and their tuning parameters (Neural Networks, Random Forest, Bayesian Models, K-Means Clustering)
- 5 years of experience applying Machine Learning, Statistical Modeling, and Data Mining
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL, and unstructured databases (MySQL, Hadoop, Redshift, MongoDB)
- Hands on experience with software design for scalability, reliability, and performance
- Proven track record in developing mathematical models to predict business outcomes and determine cause and effect relationships
- Candidate must be organized, driven, and exhibit critical thinking skills.
- Candidate must have an entrepreneurial and self-starting mentality.
- Position may require travel
- Knowledge of Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Bamboo, Confluence)
- Experience working in Agile teams (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in working with digital marketing channels in an eCommerce environment.
- Knowledge of / experience with multi-channel and cross-channel attribution.
- Extensive CLI and UNIX experience – we live in the terminal!
- Knowledge of VM test environments and/or cloud-based compute environments
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]