Senior Data Scientist, Flights, Cruise & Car
Greater Boston Area
We are looking for an exceptional data-driven individual to join our team focused on growing all aspects of our Flights, Cruise & Cars business units within the broader TripAdvisor portfolio. You will be part of a team of people focused on data science, data analytics and data engineering systems.
Our scope of influence spans from how we market our products and drive users in to them (partner with Marketing), to how we work with our suppliers to bring the best offerings to the site (partner with Business Development), to site optimizations to ensure we are giving users the best options available for them (partner with Product Management). Using data science techniques that include predictive modeling and machine learning, this role will help optimize our end to end user experience, partner relationships, and monetization.
Located in our Needham HQ office, this role will be focused on driving the analysis of user behavior on our site and building, iterating, testing and deploying new models and algorithms to grow our traffic and revenue. This is a tremendous chance to make the largest travel site in the world even better, while enjoying the energy and rapid pace of a startup. This role requires very strong emphasis on data science and advanced analytics.
Here is a little taste for what you will be working on:
- Flights: Measuring itinerary desirability to determine which itineraries to highlight to users
- Flights CRM: What content and messages are most relevant to our users at what point in their travel planning life cycle
- Flights: Fare trends & fare prediction modeling
- Cruise: Travel planning life cycle & user segmentation
- Cruise: Develop user profile & personalization framework to use both onsite and via CRM
- Cruise: Lifetime value assessment and optimizing acquisition efforts.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Perform analysis and develop analytical models to maximize product growth, traffic acquisition, and partner optimizations
- Develop predictive models for user engagement and buyer behavior
- Develop predictive models for airline pricing
- Identify opportunities for revenue and traffic growth via user segmentation and personalized recommendations
- Carry out A/B test experiments
- Mentor junior team members
- Prototype models and partner with Marketing (Traffic Acquisition & CRM), Product Management, Engineering & Analytics to create product requirements and specification documents for new features and products.
What TripAdvisor is seeking in the ideal candidate:
- A results-oriented person who thrives on data and measurements.
- Ability to derive practical solutions to business problems from not-always-perfect data of formidable size.
- Proven track record of translating business needs into data-driven solutions.
- Demonstrated ability of communicating complex analytical issues to technical and business audiences
- Proficiency in data transformation, cleansing, management and interpretation.
- Expert SQL skills and experience with Big Data stack (Hadoop/Hive/Pig/Spark/etc.).
- Masters/Ph.D. in quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience with at least 2 years of data science experience.
- Proficiency with statistical programming environment (e.g. R, Python).
- Ability to work well with colleagues across multiple global offices.
- Significant experience with eCommerce, recommender systems, user choice models, classification, online auctions, A/B testing, digital advertising, or marketing analytics is strongly preferred
Read Full Job Description