Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason we’re projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when we’re surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the-door working environments. Sound like you? We’d love to chat.
As a Senior Experimentation Data Scientist, you will be responsible for building an experimentation platform and designing experiments to help optimize every aspect of the business. Some of the business use cases include but are not limited to pricing, forecasting, and marketing.
- Designing, executing, and analyzing paid-search advertising, pricing, and marketing A/B tests and experiments to answer critical business questions, and to support or refute important hypotheses
- Running pricing tests to evaluate and calibrate pricing models to maximize long-term profitability
- Building an experimentation framework for marketing and creative to drive our advertising budget and targeting strategy
- Extracting insights from observational-data studies via causal inference to design new experiments to run.
- Defining and driving the full Data Science life-cycle from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring its overall business impact
- Identifying foundational research areas that align multiple business organizations across Thrasio and collaborating with leadership on Data Science strategy
- Setting team best practices that drive forward the quality of our codebase and workflows
- Developing quantitative models by leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques
- Leading data-driven decision making for Thrasio business stakeholders and enhancing the experience of our external stakeholders
- Defining technical visions and orienting the data science roadmap to execute towards your vision
- Creating product pricing elasticity models which enable Thrasio to forecast product sales and demand
- Understanding and optimizing Amazon black-box algorithm performance across our suite of products
- Informing vendor and data source build-versus-buy decisions
- Being a technical leader at Thrasio and driving strategic initiatives for your team with Thrasio leadership and by mentoring junior staff members
- Monitoring progress, managing risk, and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Delivering presentations to high-level business leaders that tell cohesive, logical stories using data and build a data-centric culture
- Identifying and owning the execution of new research and engineering opportunities that could be game-changing for Thrasio
What you bring to the party:
- 3+ years of Data Science Experience
- 2+ years of experience in designing and running experiments that measure key performance indicators.
- 2+ years of experience in developing robust solutions to infer or recover causal relationships from observational data
- Strong understanding of applied statistical methods and quantitative research
- Highly proficient in Python and SQL
- Energized to collaborate across business leads with strong communication skills, ability to synthesize information, and desire to influence business decisions
- An intuitive sense of how quantitative and technical work aligns closely with business priorities and business value
- Thrives in a transparent, agile, and collaborative environment
- Be very excited with the idea of building something new, for a business tackling e-commerce in an entirely different way
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Neuroscience, or Operations Research or technical equivalent, and 5+ years of experience in data science type roles
Nice to have, but not required:
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Neuroscience, or Operations Research
- Experience working for a company specializing in e-commerce or finance & acquisitions
- Advanced Machine Learning expertise with recommendation systems, reinforcement learning, representation learning, deep learning, or time series
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS, Databricks, Snowflake, Airflow, Plotly, and Kubernetes
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folkx tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications.
At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, so we’re looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.