Senior Data Scientist - Clinical Data Science at Humana Studio_h
The Senior Data Scientist uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The Senior Data Scientist work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Role: Senior Data Scientist - Clinical Data Science
Assignment: Clinical Data Science, Digital Health & Analytics
Location: Boston, MA or Louisville, KY
Digital Health and Analytics is a new area of Humana, focused on transforming the health experience for Humana members through the use of technology and analytics. We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who will design studies and utilize cutting edge predictive modeling techniques, to rigorously test hypotheses, and complete analyses to turn data into actionable solutions. Located in Humana’s new Studio H location in Boston, the Senior Data Scientist will work cross-functionally and collaboratively with teams across Humana utilizing cutting edge machine learning techniques to implement and execute test and learn projects. The ideal candidate will have experience conducting experiments in an applied healthcare setting, demonstrated innovative and creative methods for overcoming testing constraints, as well as successfully applying machine learning techniques to address business needs.
The Senior Data Scientist uses mathematics, statistics, machine learning, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The Senior Data Scientists’ work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations and data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. The Senior Data Scientist uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to develop sophisticated models, using both structured and unstructured data sets for analysis.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- Use techniques from supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical analysis, Or predictive modeling to deliver business insights to prospects and customers
- Work directly with customers to educate them on “moving beyond BI’ and training their internal resources to execute advanced forms of analytics
- Create reusable implementations of statistical tests and models using the available technologies in the ecosystem
- Work with the academic and business community to develop new techniques and to contribute to research in the area of advanced analytics on large databases
- Generate new product requirements for the engineering group to enhance the analytics capabilities of the database
- Assist in customer engagement management, requirements definition, project scoping, timeline management, and results documentation to ensure professional relationship management
- Use machine learning techniques to assess outcomes of interventions, clinical programs or marketing campaigns
- Build ‘smart’ systems that learn from health intervention outcomes over time
- Master’s Degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 2 years of related experience
- 3 years’ technical experience
- Experience working with and analyzing various types of data using R, Python or similar software
- Experience in using mathematics, statistics, modeling, experimental study design, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions
- Experience using machine learning techniques such as neural networks, random forest, etc.
- History of solving problems, creating solutions and driving change within a team
- Naturally curious and comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills, with a proven ability to translate complex methodologies and analytical results to higher-level business insights and key takeaways
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills
- PhD Degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years’ technical experience
- Experience in Big Data environment specifically PySpark, Scala, or Microsoft Azure
- Previously applied machine learning to help a firm reach objectives
- Work experience in a health care and/or Insurance setting
This position is based in Boston and will require occasional travel (approximately 10%) to Humana headquarters in Louisville, KY and other Humana locations.